Friday, April 3, 2009

Husband

A lot of people ask me the question "Does your husband want a dog too?" My answer is yes but I feel like he is the kid telling the parents of course I will feed it and take it out for walks but when we actual get the dog I will be doing most of the work. Now I'm hoping that he will prove me wrong but I know his track record. Not that he can't be responsible but I don't think he understands how much work goes into taking care of a puppy.

Just the other day we were watching a Shiba on YouTube and the owner said something to the effect of their puppy's only sleeping a couple of hours at a time during the night. So they have to get up and take him out multiple times. Joe looks at me and asks "That's not how our dog is going to be right?" I just had to laugh. No we will have the one puppy that doesn't whine or get up at night to go potty outside. Boy is he in for a surprise.

The one thing I do know about my husband is that he will be good at loving our dog. He is so caring and really wants a buddy and a playmate. It is so cute to see him playing and running around with his sisters dog. I'm so excited to see our puppy and him together. It will be interesting to see if he takes on a more authoritative, leadership role or if he sticks with the silly, rough housing side.