Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Puppy Abuse

I feel so guilty. I did it. I never thought I would but here I am writing this. I came downstairs this morning and there Wrigley was chewing one of our video game controllers. He saw me and jumped up to greet me. I walked over to go pick the controller up and Wrigley went back to go get it in his mouth. It was over at that point. I was angry and frustrated since we have to control so much of his free time that we cant even leave him alone for 15 minutes.

I popped him on the butt. I use popped since it doesn't sound as harsh but I hit my dog. That sounds so sad. I hit, spanked, swatted or popped him on the butt. Not all those times, just one little hand motion and I felt sick to my stomach. It wasn't that hard but still the look in his eyes was like what the heck. I use the excuse that it was to teach him a lesson but in reality does he really understand what that means. I also did it in part of my angry. I was mad when I did it. I have been frustrated with all the recent chewing and I over reacted.

I hate to watch Cesar since I think his techniques are mean. The jerking, swift kicks to bodies, alpha rolls and all the other harsh things I feel that he does. I cant stand him actually but yet I did what I thought I would never do. The good news is that Wrigley doesn't seem scared of me or my hands. Maybe in the end he wont go after the controllers anymore and I can count it as a win for the Cesar Millan lovers of the world.