Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Shiba Scream

Wrigley slept with us last night (Husband brought him up after I fell asleep so I couldn't say no) then woke up around 7:30 and jumped off the bed. I woke Husband up to take him downstairs which he did. Husband game back upstairs and went back to sleep but I stayed up and watched some TV. Around 8 o'clock we heard the horrible Shiba scream.

Wrigley sounded like he was in such pain and he let out two petrified shrieks. Husband popped up and turned to me with a scared look on his face as he jumped out of bed and we both raced downstairs. I was so afraid to see what was wrong but Wrigley just walked to us nonchalantly like nothing was going on. We looked all around for some wire chewed or the newly placed Christmas tree to have a missing light bulb or something. We couldn't find anything wrong and Wrigley seemed to be doing fine but it was such a scare.

I have never seen Husband move so fast in the morning or be so afraid that something was wrong. Now Husband is sleeping on the sofa and Wrigley is outside playing around like nothing happened. I'm realizing just how important Wrigley is to the both of us. I know how much we love him but to see Husband react so quickly to make sure Wrigley was OK really made it apparent.