Friday, June 26, 2009

3am Wake Up Call


For the past 3 days Wrigley has been getting up at 3am. Not cool. Since we got him he has slept through the night getting up around 5am. So this change in ability to sleep until morning has really started to bug me.

I wouldn't mind so much if he started out not sleeping through the night but to reverse in what we have is hard. I also need to figure out what is going on with him.

He sleeps in a crate in our bedroom. So maybe we need to change locations and put him in his x-pen downstairs. When I take him out the first thing he does is go get a drink of water. So I was thinking we could put a little water in his x-pen and that would solve the thirsty problem. But that does add on to the need to go potty outside which is his next step in his 3am fun time.

After he goes potty I put him in his x-pen and go back to bed. I don't hear him make a peep when I leave him down stairs. That kinda helps me rule out that he doesn't needs more exercise during the day and he is getting up out of boredom. I still would like to start walking him more though just because I think he needs to get out.

My last concern is that his urinary infection he had a couple of weeks ago is either back or not cleared up. He didn't change his sleep habits when he had it but I still feel like he may be having some issue. I'm going to try to experiment with different things and hopefully we can go back to our regular sleep habits.